Thread: Drop down list

Unanswered: Drop down list

Hi all, I have a slight problem as to a dropdown list. I have a form to add a record with a couple of dynamic dropdown lists and all working well. What I need to do is when I edit the data in the edit form how do I bind the existing data to the dropdown list, so that when they edit they can only select from the droplist. I am using php/mysql and dreamweaver CS4. Any help appreciated.

Hi,

can you give an example of what you are trying to achieve? I think what you are looking to achieve is exclusively to the browser page? If this is the case you will need to use javascript on the browser page to disable or even to dynamically build the dropdown list. If you can give a clear example of what you are trying to achieve I might be able to help. However, I think that the post is outside the scope of MySQL.
    Ronan Cashell
    Certified Oracle DBA/Certified MySQL Expert (DBA & Cluster DBA)
    http://www.it-iss.com
    Follow me on Twitter

Dropdown

Thanks for your answer but I actually worked it out and seems to be working fine (so far). Thanks

Provided Answers: 59
    ...and you solution was?
    one of the aims of a forum like this is to provide answers, so it may help others who have the same problem as you to say what the solution you've found is
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

result

Thanks for your repy. Using dreamweaver I wasn't sure had to conect the dropdown list to the already data stored. On the edit form page I selected the dropdown list then went into properties then selected the dynamic button instead of the list button, picked the recordset then the field and bound them that way. This seemed to have worked. So when the form is live in the edit mode, the old data is bound to the select droplist and you can still choose the other options from the list. I hope this helps others out. Thanks guys.