Unanswered: Issue with connecting to sql server 2005

Greetings!
    I upgraded my existing sql 7 database system to sql 2005 and it seems that everything is fine. But when i tried to connect using the existing program we used in sql 7 i experienced some log-in failure(i use sa user). The strange thing is that when i change the password to numeric i can successfully log-in to database, but setting the password to character that's the time i experienced log-in failure. It seems that there is a problem with the datatype configuration. By the way i already set the security to mixed mode. Some help much appreciated. Thank you.

Provided Answers: 54
    SQL 7 wasn't case sensitive for passwords, so FROG matched frog. SQL 2005 is pickier, FROG doesn't match frog anymore, only frog matches frog.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Provided Answers: 54
    As an observation, logging in using the sa login is a really bad idea. It was common in the days of SQL 7, and many apps of that era demanded that level of access. It is very poor practice and is discouraged today.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Agreed, try and create a service account (can be a windows or SQL account), give it the rights it needs on the database, etc, then use that for your data connection.