question about databse system, structure

Hello,
    I'm newbie in this branch(I worked shortly with mysql,postgresql) and I really don't know where begin .I started read a few books but I haven't seen table structure what I need.
    Is it multidimensional structure on this picture?
    application will be written in php and I don't know how database system choose.
    Can you help me please ?
    name of this table structure or name of db system which work with php(support structure what is on pict) will be suffice.

Regards,
    Xendeer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails database.png  
    Last edited by xendeer; 10-09-10 at 14:06.

That is a very, very generic picture. There is no way to tell what you want to store, much less how you ought to store it.

Once you figure out what the data is, I'd use a table or multiple tables to store that kind of data.

After you have a better idea of what you want to store so you can give us some specific examples, then we can probably give you more specific suggestions.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

thank you for reply,
    It will be bigger database and data are mostly numbers.maybe Max. 40 character.
    users will search these numbers.User select what he want search(select table) and which column.And then he can search.

I would definitely use tables to store numbers, tables work really well for that.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

ok great,
    and it's possible create table design(structure) something like on picture, in mysql, postgresql or else?
    Last edited by xendeer; 10-10-10 at 14:24.

Using PHP or a similar programming tool you can make a table look like almost anything you can imagine.

-PatP