Dear All,

I am having another problems about using the database link from Oracle database to an MS-Access database link.

The query returns different results when I have database link to an MS-Access as follows:

select * from (select "col" from tbl@my_access_link where "col" not like '%A%' and "col" not like '%B%' and "col" not like '%C%') tbl_a
left outer join
(select "col" from tbl@my_access_link where "col" like '%D%') tbl_b
on tbl_a."col" = tbl_b."col"
order by tbl_a."col", tbl_b."col"

The Expected Result should be the values in tbl_a."col" not having 'A' and 'B' and 'C' and tbl_b."col" should have the values containing 'D' and (not containing 'A' and 'B' and 'C' or null)

It works fine when I am not having any Database Link or the Database Link to another Oracle Database. However when the tables are retrieved via the database link from an MS-Access the result set shows wrongly that the result set are both tbl_a."col" and tbl_b."col" containing 'D' and not containing 'A' and 'B' and 'C'.

I have tried to use only where clauses in the tbl_a sub-query (e.g. only where "col" not like '%A%'). It works fine.

As the database link was provided by other vendor. I am wuerying about is there any mistake raised when creating the database link to the MS-Access.

And Suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

sinva