Unanswered: Show items but not total

I have a report which shows items from a food menu. These items are sub items of the main menu so and I only want to display the main menu total and not the price of the individual items. To complicate things the main menu is just a title!

Example:

Weekend Menu

Soup 1.20
    Chicken and Chips 5.00
    Pudding 4.00
    Half Bottle Wine 6.00

What I need to show is

Weekend Menu - 16

Soup
    Chicken and Chips
    Pudding
    Half Bottle Wine

Now just to confuse things sometimes I want to show the price of individual items if they are not part of a 'menu' so:

Weekend Menu - 16

Soup
    Chicken and Chips
    Pudding
    Half Bottle Wine

Disco 120
    Coffee 3

My thought was to create the inclusive items in the database as 'Inc chicken and Chips' 'Inc Soup' so I can use the Inc to differentiate between the ones I want a price showing for and ones I want to only show the total.

Any ideas on how I'd do this?

I would do a conditional suppress on the price of the items you do not want showing in the menu list (using item.id or even the spelled out name if you have a field with the names in them), and then total them in the report footer or group footer, since that will always show.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mj23116 View Post
    I would do a conditional suppress on the price of the items you do not want showing in the menu list (using item.id or even the spelled out name if you have a field with the names in them), and then total them in the report footer or group footer, since that will always show.

Mark
    Sorry for the delay, there's a lot going on!

Can I supress item.fieldname but with some sort of wildcard to only exlude items with Incl in the name?

Yes. In the Format Editor where you have selected the field, hit the 'x-2' formula editor. Here you can put a conditional suppress by doing something similar to:

{item.fieldname} like "Incl"

Give that a try and play around with it a little. Hope that helps.

Mark