Unanswered: Forcing blank records with query?

I'm creating a report that prints records on labels with certain criteria (entered by the user).

I was wondering, because there will obviously be partially used pages, can I use a query to force blank records to skip used labels?

Example, when a user is asked to enter a number the database skips that many labels on the page starting in a different location rather than the very start.

Provided Answers: 14
    You can create a UNION query linking the real (SELECT) query with a dummy one returning blank values.
    Have a nice day!

How would I go about making that?

Provided Answers: 59
    or pass a parameter to the report program to skip n labels prior to printing.
    however one thing to bear in mind is that some printers (usually lasers) do not like paper passing through the printer more than once... it affects the moisture in the paper and can cause problems. its less of a problem than it used to be, early lasers eg HP4 were prone to this problem
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    or pass a parameter to the report program to skip n labels prior to printing.
    how would i go about doing this? i'm not overly fluent in access

Provided Answers: 14
    In my example I created 2 tables with the same structure, one containing real data (Tbl_Addresses) and one containing blank records (Tbl_Dummy). A UNION query then joins both tables. This query can become the RecordSource of a form or a report. See the picture for details.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Union-Query.jpg  
    Have a nice day!