Lightbulb Unanswered: Update a DB via web

Greetings community,
    I have a DB that I would like to update via a website. I would like the website to allow the users to be able to select a hardware entity (laptop, server, etc...) then give a few details about the hardware ie) date, purchase order.....
    I would like there to be around 10 fields for users to input. I am currently using MS SQL 2005. Can any1 guide me in the right direction for how to get a simply website to be able to contact a remote database and update it. I am very new to all of this so all advice is welcome. Thanks so much for all your help.

In front of the computer
    Provided Answers: 54
    There are a thousand questions that jump to my mind.

Do you have a website running now? If not, how do you plan to get the website online?

I'm sure that this seems like an obscure question, but there's a HUGE difference between a site that you host yourself via ADSL, versus a site hosted by your busines in a DataCenter, versus a site hosted via a third party like Site 5 or Go Daddy. The process of setting things up and making them happen is radically different in the different scenarios.

In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.