Lightbulb Unanswered: Update a DB via web

Greetings community,
    I have a DB that I would like to update via a website. I would like the website to allow the users to be able to select a hardware entity (laptop, server, etc...) then give a few details about the hardware ie) date, purchase order.....
    I would like there to be around 10 fields for users to input. I am currently using MS SQL 2005. Can any1 guide me in the right direction for how to get a simply website to be able to contact a remote database and update it. I am very new to all of this so all advice is welcome. Thanks so much for all your help.

Provided Answers: 54
    There are a thousand questions that jump to my mind.

Do you have a website running now? If not, how do you plan to get the website online?

I'm sure that this seems like an obscure question, but there's a HUGE difference between a site that you host yourself via ADSL, versus a site hosted by your busines in a DataCenter, versus a site hosted via a third party like Site 5 or Go Daddy. The process of setting things up and making them happen is radically different in the different scenarios.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.