Unanswered: database corruption

Hi,

Can any of you please list out the steps to be taken when the database corrupted (not device corruption).

I know few errors will be fixed using dbcc commands. Let me the process to be followed to fix this issue.

Thank you.

Provided Answers: 4
    Restore a backup to a previous state without the corruption?
    It depends on what kind of corruption there is. Hard/soft faults that appeared after a dbcc-check?
    I'm not crazy, I'm an aeroplane!

Quote Originally Posted by Martijnvs View Post
    Restore a backup to a previous state without the corruption?
    It depends on what kind of corruption there is. Hard/soft faults that appeared after a dbcc-check?
    I agree with Martijnvs, restoring to a backup that you know is safe is probably the best. But sometimes that is not always possible. Then it will depend on what the corruption is and then take it from there. I have has some success with bcp when we have had table corruptions.

Moral of the story...Make sure you have backups...And they work! So many times people have backups but never check.

Good Luck!

As a last option we load the database from the dump. But I would like to know the steps/process we can try before restoring the database.

Provided Answers: 4
    If you have the DBCC-errors, you can look up the appropriate steps in the Sybase-documentation.
    Like I said before, it all depends on what kind of corruption you are encountering.
    I'm not crazy, I'm an aeroplane!