Unanswered: Populate list box with combo box

Probably a beaten horse.

I am unable to get my list box to populate from a combo box selection (MS Access 2003). I have a main form, which contains tabs. The list box is in one of the tabs; the combo box is not. I want to the user to make a selection from the combo box and have the list box automatically populate. I have tried requerying after update and it still will not populate.

List box query:

SELECT Query2.Date, Query2.Title, Query2.Category, Query2.Investigator
    FROM tblClaim INNER JOIN Query2 ON tblClaim.[Claim Number] = Query2.[Claim Number] WHERE (((tblClaim.[Claim Number])=[Forms]![frmClaim]![Combo144])) ORDER BY Query2.Date;

If I remove the "s" in "Forms" then a combo box pops up. When I type an entry, it will populate in the list box with the correct information. However, it will not work automatically.

Any suggestions?

Provided Answers: 1
    Hi

On the basis that this is all in frmClaim form, then you could try something like this code in the after update event of the ComboBox
    Code:
    Dim sql As String

If Me.Combo144 & "" = "" OR Me.Combo144 = 0 Then Exit Sub

sql = "SELECT Query2.Date, Query2.Title, Query2.Category, Query2.Investigator"
        sql = sql & "FROM tblClaim INNER JOIN Query2 ON tblClaim.[Claim Number] = Query2.[Claim Number] "
        sql = sql & "WHERE (((tblClaim.[Claim Number])= " & Me.Combo144 & ")) "
        sql = sql & "ORDER BY Query2.Date"

Me.YourListControl.RowSource = sql

Me.YourListControl.Requery
    Note: this presupposed that [Claim Number] is a numeric field otherwise apostrophise are required round Me.Combo144 (ie. '" & Me.Combo144 & "' )

HTH

MTB

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick response. I entered what you sent me but no success. It appeared to recognized it because I did not get an error.

Provided Answers: 1
    You do not say what actually happens!?

Try it without the IF stamen and see if that provokes any response.

MTB

Mike,

Would you consider taking al ook at it if I send it to you?

I figured out how to connect the list box to the combo box if the combo box has a "value" or from a query. However, it WILL NOT connect if the combo box is used to look up a record on a form, which is what I want it to do. I tried what I want using a subform in a datasheet view and it works fine but the columns in the datasheet can't be locked. Hence the reason that I want to use a list box.

Dan