Unanswered: How to prevent the execution of an oracle package?

Hi everybody i hope you are having a nice time.

Well i really need to know how to stop an oracle package from execution but i need to do it when another packages executes.

Basically i need to do it because this package keeps all the parameters the same as the last time it executed which duplicates my data when its get called somewhere else or well i could use a way to reset all the parameters everytime it can be done from another package.

Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 4
    I don't think that you can do that, unless you, well, don't use it. Packages can't be "disabled" (such as triggers, for example). Package contains functions, procedures which are executed when you, as a developer, call them. So, if you don't want them to be executed, don't call them.

Well this happens when i try to go back using the back button of the browser after i had done any other action, so its not that i can control when it gets called again because it shouldnt gets called in the back button.

I don't think you can have control on the package which is already been called to stop from executing. I am not sure about your requirements. Do you want to consider using constants in your stored procedure so that the values are not changed by using a back button or re-visiting the page? Another alternative is to stop the user from going back to the previous screen using back button and instead give a controlled way of going back.
    Thanks and Regards,

Praveen Pulikunnu

Well what i had done for my issue is to validate so the table wont accept the last register if this has the important columns same as the last ones.