Unanswered: Report Grouping issue

Hi all,

Quick question..

I'm trying to create a report. I'm looking at the catalog report from the tutorial Northwind. I'm trying to do something similar.
    However, I have a list of products in different tables. The tables are identical in structure just have different names. In tbTools I have 5 records in tblEquipment say 10 records. I have a category table with a one-many relationship to the other tables

In my report I am trying to group on the category but the error says one of the field could refer to more than one table listed in the FROM clause of your SQL.

i'm a bit confused because i thought if i group on say category it will list all products under category Tools then Equipment etc.

Do i need to append all the tables together and feed it into the report?

thanks
    Marcus

What are you using as the record source for your report?

Is there a reason that you have different tables rather than a field for category?

you're right. I think i was given a bad steer and i really need to put a category field in.

I have tab pages and only wanted to display certain parts under each tab. I thought i needed to put them in different tables. I guess if i use a query to filter the table depending on which tab page i am in that would work better.

thanks
    marcus