Unanswered: Access data in Oracle from DB2 (dblink?)

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi.. I have an Cobol app that is currently running against my mainframe DB2 V9 database. For example, the Cobol program executes the following example statement:
    Select policy number, name from db2_table;

I need to augment the data returned to the program with information from one table residing on an AIX Oracle 11g database. So the query would be something like this.

Select policy_number_in_db2_table, name_in db2_table, phone_number_located in oracle table from db2_table and oracle_table where name_in db2_table= phone_number_located;

I don't want to replicate the data because the data size is actually pretty large and I need it in near real-time.

If both systems were in Oracle, I would simply create a database link between the 2 systems.
    If the program was actually going against the Oracle database and pulling data from the DB2 database, I could use Oracles Heterogeneous gateway.
    But... how can I do it from the mainframe side?

Is there anyway to do this using DBlinks or a similar manner?

Quote Originally Posted by hlavender View Post
    If the program was actually going against the Oracle database and pulling data from the DB2 database, I could use Oracles Heterogeneous gateway.
    But... how can I do it from the mainframe side?
    You may have to install Oracle Transparent Gateway on the mainframe. I believe there is another option where you could set up a DB2 Linux/UNIX/WIndows Federation Server that would have both the DB2 z/OS and Oracle databases defined.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390