Smile Unanswered: 3 categories, list sub-category for 1 (n00b, sorry)

I'm not a db tech, just self-taught on using CR10.

I have a report that returns basically:

CaseID | SourceType | SourceDetail
    CID1 . | Media . . |
    CID2 . | Broker . . | Broker1Name
    CID3 . | Broker . . | Broker2Name
    CID4 . | Friend . . |

Report works when I just run for Case/SourceType. When I add the SourceDetail field to bring in the broker name that corresponds to each case, the report returns only Broker cases.

I tried writing a formula (If {cms_Client.SourceID}=2 then {BrokerClientFundings.BrokerFirmName} else '') but of course that didn't work - it still just returned Broker cases.

I know this is a stupid question -- pretty sure I've even dealt with it before. But right now I just can't figure it out, and I don't even know what search terms to use in order to look it up. Driving me nuts.

If you need more details, I'd be happy to oblige.

Would love help with this... Still flummoxed.

If anyone has insight, I'd appreciate it!!

Quote Originally Posted by earthtoned View Post
    I'm not a db tech, just self-taught on using CR10.

I have a report that returns basically:

CaseID | SourceType | SourceDetail
    CID1 . | Media . . |
    CID2 . | Broker . . | Broker1Name
    CID3 . | Broker . . | Broker2Name
    CID4 . | Friend . . |

Report works when I just run for Case/SourceType. When I add the SourceDetail field to bring in the broker name that corresponds to each case, the report returns only Broker cases.

I tried writing a formula (If {cms_Client.SourceID}=2 then {BrokerClientFundings.BrokerFirmName} else '') but of course that didn't work - it still just returned Broker cases.

I know this is a stupid question -- pretty sure I've even dealt with it before. But right now I just can't figure it out, and I don't even know what search terms to use in order to look it up. Driving me nuts.

If you need more details, I'd be happy to oblige.
    its not a crystal problem is a database relationship issue.... did you join the right stuff in the database expert?
    in database expert you can tell the link to do left or right joins. do a left join on your first table. the link should look like this [table1] -> [table2] in database expert