Unanswered: Open secomd form by selecting a row from listbox on first form?

Hello,

I have two forms, frmUsers and frmReferrals.

On frmUsers I have a listbox which displays users (form tblUsers).

I want to select a user from the listbox on frmUsers, and on the click of the command button open frmReferrals and display the referrals of the selected user.

The problem is that frmReferrals also has its own listbox in which I can select a user to display referrals, and the record source is set to the listbox.

So I need to find a way to enable me to open the second form and display the selected user.

I have attached an example database with the two forms.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 59
    in the listbox's on click event place some code that opens the other form with a filter set to the selected item in the listbox
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Yes well that is the part I need some help with.

If for example, I use Access's command button from the toolbar to start the wizard to open the other form and open the form to display specific data and then link userID to the listbox, the form opens, but the selected user is not displayed. Because the second form is linked to the listbox on the second form.

So I need to find a way to click on a user in the first listbox, and have the second form open with the same user selected in the second listbox - to show the referrals for that user.

Provided Answers: 6
    Does this work for you?

Open a second form to the record
    Paul

Unfortunately not, I get message "the openaction form was cancelled".

Have you had a look at the database I attached?

You already have the correct code under a non-existent button Command8. If I put that behind the current button and change the record source of the second form to the table, it works as expected. I would start that way, and if you want further clicks on the second form's listbox to change the data, use the after update event of that listbox to change the recordsource of the form, using the selection as a criteria.
    Paul

Im not too sure how to use the after update of the second list box to change the record source of the form.

Along the lines of:

Me.RecordSource = "SELECT Field1, Field2 FROM TableName WHERE FieldName = " & Me.ListboxName

Or you could set it to your existing query that uses the listbox in the criteria.
    Paul

Cool, that works a treat! Thanks

Happy to help!
    Paul