Unanswered: TextBox Source from Select

In a report, there is a text box that is to be populated with a person's name.
    The name comes from a table other than the one that's the report's source. The table is a list of committee members with their title (unique), name, address, etc as fields. There is only one person with each title.

I tried to set the text box source to "SELECT [Name] FROM [qCommittee] WHERE [qCommittee]![Title]="President". This gives a error. I suspect that the reason for the error is any SELECT really gives a list of [Name]s that qualify (even though there is only one), not a single name.
    What is the correct function or proceedure to use to populate the text box with the name from the table?

Pete Townsend
    PGT

You can use DLookup or actually create/open a recordset based on your select statement and grab the value of a field in a record to populate the text box.

Thanx Rogue,
    Boy was I dense. I've used DLOOKUP many times and for some reason it went bye-bye in the brain. Worked just as advertised. I did have a problem for a few minutes because my criteria was a string match; using single quotes inside the double quotes required around "criteria" solved that problem.
    Pete
    PGT

Provided Answers: 19
    As you've found out you cannot use SELECT Queries to populate textboxes in forms/reports. The general rule is that only Action Queries are allowed in VBA.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007