Unanswered: Error - 2147217871

First of all I should say that I’m not a DB person so pardon how I construct my issue.
    I’m using LabVIEW database toolset to connect to our server. I was able to connect to the server and view/pull its data but after several times doing the same procedure “time out error” error occurred. Based on my observation this also happens if another machine is trying to view the same data from the database.
    ERROR-2147217871
    (Possible reason(s): ADO Error: 0x80040E31; Exception occurred in Microsoft OLE Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]
    Is there a way around to resolve this problem?

Here is our server’s information:
    MS SQL Server Management Studio 9.00.4035.00
    MS Analysis Services Client Tools 2005.090.4035.00
    MS Data Access Components 2000.086.1830.00 (srv03_sp1_rtm.050324-1447
    MS MSXML 2.6.3.0.6.0
    Operating System 5.2.3790

Thanks in advanced and I would really appreciate any help.

Is your query trying to pull back lots of information across the network> Can you scale down the expected result set with a where clause? Are a lot of other users using the network pipe for the internet or other applications, causing contention for resources? Perhaps the pipe is too small.
    -- You can't be late until you show up.

At first, I'm pulling the whole data that were collected for the day but it's usually in the morning. We have like 10 individual user that does data entry using NWA and data are being check by the supervisor from time to time. For now, I just have 1 LabVIEW application that pulls the said data.

Can you please check my query if something is wrong with it.

SELECT TYPE, PN, MACHINE, TDATE, SN, PF
    FROM TESTDATA
    WHERE TDATE >= '11/22/2010'
    AND MACHINE = '2792BA - HS'
    ORDER BY TDATE DESC;

Thanks!

Additional Question

In addition, I'd like to know if it's OK to have multiple user or application to pull data from the same database at the same time. This might become a bigger issue at the end because we are planning to run the same application to a multiple PC. The said application will constantly watch the contents of the database as it populates then update the production display for the whole day.