Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10

    Unhappy Unanswered: Access 2007 Not Responding in a Report

    I have a report with multiple groupings and am performing stimple summary and percentage calculations within these groupings. When I toggle between Report view and Design view, iget a "Not Responding" note at the top of my window. Also, as I make design layout changes (moving a field a little to the left...) I get the same note. The frequency of the "not responding' note increases as I make more changes, to a point where my mouse does not respond for 15 - 20 seconds with every action. I am pulling data from a query of queries that link matching data fields from other queries and tables. I've reinstalled Access 2007 and I still have the same problem.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10

    Not Responding - more observations

    I also noticed that it seems like when I am in the design view of my report, the database is constantly running the supporting query. I wonder if this constant requery activity is what is generating this "not responding" situation??? I noticed this because in another report design, I defined a parameter to prompt the user for some data, and as I was designing the report, the prompt kept popping up multiple times??? Is it supposed to do that??

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    31
    I wouldn't think that while in your design view anything would be running. Maybe you should check your queries for circular logic (two queries depending on each other) that access didn't report?? I'd start there

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10
    I'm trying to see if I have some circular refferences like you mention, but I'm not sure. This report pulls data from a selection query (SQ1). This selection query pulls data from acrosstab query (CQ1). CQ1 gets its data from another Selection Query (SQ2), which in turn gets its data from a mix of tables and another selection query (SQ3). SQ3 gets it's data from tables only.

    I think my problems are coming from CQ1 because I also get "not responding" errors when I work in that query design, but I do not know why. Here is the CQ1 SQL:

    TRANSFORM Count([SPS PFEC Template].[Part No]) AS [CountOfPart No]
    SELECT [SPS PFEC Template].[FNA Description], [SPS PFEC Template].[L/R Hand], [SPS PFEC Template].LineSide, [SPS PFEC Template].Oper_Num, Count([SPS PFEC Template].[Part No]) AS [Total Of Part No]
    FROM [SPS PFEC Template]
    WHERE ((([SPS PFEC Template].LineSide) Not Like "vaa"))
    GROUP BY [SPS PFEC Template].[FNA Description], [SPS PFEC Template].[L/R Hand], [SPS PFEC Template].LineSide, [SPS PFEC Template].Oper_Num
    ORDER BY [SPS PFEC Template].[FNA Description], [SPS PFEC Template].[L/R Hand]
    PIVOT [SPS PFEC Template].Year;

    Where [SPS PFEC Template] is SQ2 from above. I have many other queries and forms running from [SPS PFEC Template] and none of them give me this "not responding" error, so I'm thinking it must be in CQ1.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •