- Participates in the development and implementation of complex databases, often using new technologies and database design work.
- Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource.
- May manage multiple moderately complex project and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
- Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member or as an individual contributor.
- Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants or managers.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems.
- May assist and help train lower level analysts
Ideal resources will possess:
- 7+ years experience as a SQL Server PRODUCTION DBA in a enterprise environment conducting the following:
- SQL Server Backup and Restore via native SQL and third party tools(Litespeed experience is favorable)
- SQL Server 2000 installation and configuration
- SQL Server 2005 installation and configuration
- SQL Server 2008 installation and configuration
- Upgrading SQL Server 2000 to 2005
- Database Log Shipping
- Database Replication
- Database Mirroring
- SQL Server Clustering
- Performance tuning and SQL Profiler
- SQL Server 2005 Server design (Specs for Hard drives, memory, cpu)
- Customer support skill set (ability to communicate verbally and electronically with customer)
- Converting DTS packages to SSIS packages
- Data center migration
- TCP/IP, Active Directory
- Experience with additional SQL products:
- Reporting Services
- Analysis Service
- Integration Services
- Service Broker
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
- The ability to work under pressure to meet tight delivery timelines
- Quick to adapt to a complex multitasking culture with various processes and procedures
- Ability to work well within a team located across geographic locations
Required Skills for Senior Level SQL DBA Job:
SQL SERVER 2000/2005/2008
SQL SERVER CLUSTERING