Question Unanswered: exception handlling tool

Hi,

Is there any exception handlling tool available in the market which tracks the error in the pl/sql code and handles them??

Regards,
    Trapzz

Provided Answers: 4
    I don't quite understand the question (apart from the fact that you are looking for a tool).

What / how would that "tool" work?

For example, there's a stored procedure. Now what? Is that tool supposed to check that procedure and find possible errors? Obviously, the procedure is correctly put together (as it is compiled).

Or, someone calls that procedure and it fails for some reason (such as NO-DATA-FOUND). That tool should ... what? Display a message (Oracle does that itself)? How would you want it to "handle" that exception? I don't know any "tool" that is capable of providing data when it doesn't exist.

So, I'm afraid that the only tool that is always available is you (as a developer). Predict exceptions, write exception handlers in your procedures. Avoid WHEN OTHERS unless that's something you REALLY need and know why you used it.

Could you explain it once again, but - try to provide some more details.

Many times you get the vast code which is previously written by somebody else or may be your application/database is on maintenance. In such a situation sometimes it is hard to locate the possibility of errors.

Of course I am not talking about compile time errors because otherwise code will not get compiled itself. If the runtime errors are not handled in the code, is it possible by any tool through which we can automatically locate the possible exceptions "Without executing the code".

Provided Answers: 4
    Sorry, I don't know of any.