Unanswered: Need Help installing SQL Server 2005

Hi,

I was using SQL server 2000 a few years back and the installation was pretty easy. However after having installed v 2005, I have no clue how to get started i.e. creating a database and everything else that follows.

Can someone pls guide and help.

Thanks XX

Provided Answers: 54
    SQL Server Management Studio (aka SSMS) does what SQL Enterprise Manager did and quite a bit more. It includes the functionality that was in Query Analyzer. Spend a bit of time with it and you ought to be quite comfortable and you'll be able to come back with more specific questions.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your reply.

I should have clearly communicated my question. What I am trying to do is to install SQL 2005 enterprise version on my Laptop. It appears to install just right but that's where i get stuck. During my SQL 2000 days I remember that creating a new database was extremely easy but that 's doesn't seem to be the case now. What I'm trying to do is to install SQL 2005 Enterprise edition on my box running XP.

Is it possible?

I REALLY (And i mean really) what to start using SQL 2005 but need some guidance. Will appreciate some help and guidance

Thanks XX
    Last edited by SusanK; 11-15-10 at 01:08.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanK View Post
    It appears to install just right but that's where i get stuck.
    We're going to need a little bit more to go on than that...
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com