Unanswered: how to link access 2007 to excel 2007

hi good people of dbforums!!

am wondering whether i could get some assistance in figuring out this little issue.
    i have a 2007 access database with multiple queries and tables. how is it possible to get the result of any particular query into an excel 2007 spreadsheet? any assistance given will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance W.K

Provided Answers: 6
    You can do it manually via options on the ribbon, or in code using TransferSpreadsheet or OutputTo, or macros with similar actions.
    Paul

ill try to see if i can get through with these options..thanks though

No problem. Post back if you get stuck.
    Paul

hey ..i have been trying with no success..i got an option that works the opposite of what i really want. The import excel function has an option to link to the data source allowing updates made in that excel sheet to be reflected in access..i actually what the opposite of that but cant find that option under export to excel..please help..thanks

I'm not clear on what you're trying to do. You want to export something to Excel, and then turn around and link to it? You'd have to do that in two steps. To be honest, that doesn't seem logical, so I'm not sure I understand the goal.
    Paul

what i want to achieve is this..i have a table in access..and i want that table linked to excel reflecting any changes that are made in the access table..hope this helps clarify my goal. thanks

how to link access 2007 to excel 2007

Quote Originally Posted by wild kayode View Post
    what i want to achieve is this..i have a table in access..and i want that table linked to excel reflecting any changes that are made in the access table..hope this helps clarify my goal. thanks
    I would like to do this same thing. I wan't my Excel file to automatically update according to the amounts that appear in the queries in my Access database. It is quite troublesome to have to keep updating my Excel file by running the queries again and copying the amounts manually.

Does anyone know how to do this?