Thread: Massive View

Unanswered: Massive View

Hi I am new to the forum, thanks for hosting!

I have been tasked with helping a developer get his view under control, I tuned the statement using indexes down from 4B timerons to 700M timerons. If I set the current optimization to 9 it's 39M timerons.

The issue is it takes a very long time to "populate" the view.

We can't create this as a MQT since the underlying tables will be getting updated throughtout the day and this view will be accessed several times a day as well.

My question is what options do I have to make this view more managable in terms of speeding up the time it takes to view the data?

If I split up the view into smaller views won't this take as much time as comining into 1 view.

James

Provided Answers: 5
    Maybe?!? You could try posting the select statement for the view along with table/index info and we can take a stab at helping you to improve it. Otherwise you can always go to page 381 and your answer should be close to the bottom of the page.
    Dave

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by James123 View Post

The issue is it takes a very long time to "populate" the view.
    What do you mean by "populating" a view? A view is just a query, which is executed whenever you select from that view.

A materialized view (MQT) can be populated, but for some reason you don't want to use this approach.