Unanswered: Report design - formatting etc

Hello there,

I've been on this problem for about 5 hours now and still can't get it to work. I keep running into obsticles.

I have about 5 pages of Terms and Conditions I would like to add to my report.

The report needs to look something like this in the detail section

1. Product Specifications This agreement os subject to blar blar ..............blar blar .....over 255 characters of text blar blar..

2. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions Unless otherwise stated this agreement forms a binding blar blar ..........
    a. the product is no smashed or thrown down the toilet
    b. kept away from small children

3. Delivery.
    a. hopefully arrives before xmas
    b. subjeect to you paying up front

etc

As you can see there are 3 different layouts which is really foxing me.

I've created two tables with a relationship between them. One holds the numbers and the other Title and subsections. To be honest it doesn't work as I would like and probably need to start again.

any ideas anyone?

thanks in advance
    marcus

So what isn't working? Are you using subreports for the 5 pages? Is the text of the Terms and Conditions in the table?

In the past for long reports, I have used subreports. For each section you could have a subreport. Format the data in the subreport and include a Unique Key in the data for the subreport. Then add the subreport to the main report and allow it to grow (Can Grow=Yes). You can either make the subreport very thin or you can also allow it to shrink as well. Then for each subsection add another subreport with the appropriate space between the subreports.

thanks DCKuncle for your suggestion.

I was going to use one subreport to hold the T&C's. There are about 30+ sub headings which I think would be a bit of an headache if I try to do each one individually, but it's definatly an option if all else fails.

I tried to contactinate the title with the description but found I ran into trouble because one was bold and the other is not. Is there a way this can be done???

I then ran into trouble because text boxes don't expand side ways. The title would get srubbed off or over lap the description.

Do you think it is best to import the T&C's as a word document with correct formatting etc?

I need to have some sort of version control tho. The T&C do not change very often but i need a record so i know what T&C were attached to a particluar quote.

cheers
    marcus

Hello,

Does anyone have an idea on how I can manage the report?. I'm a desparate man.

cheers
    Marcus

If the T&C is static, why not just add a rich textbox control to the report and add your formatted data. Set page breaks where appropriate.

Maybe I'm not fully understanding your needs. Please provide additional info.

Hi there,

The T&C are not static unfortunately. We will be sending quotes out which can have a 6-12 month life span. They change maybe once every two months or so. I still need to know which quote corresponds to which T&C's.

thanks
    Mark

Help needed

Hello again.

Please be patient with me....I'm still working on this problem. I tried to insert a word doc as an object but it didn't insert all the document. guess not the best way to do it since i need some control as the T&C do change from time to time.

Could someone give me advice on how to set this up in a report.
    If I concatenate say Product Specification with the write up everything has to be bold / or not bold. If I put them in separate fields, depending on the amount of text in the field will either leave a gap for the write up or overlap it.

I'm really pulling my hair out...ouch!!!

I think it's time i went home....14 hours behind the desk is not good....If anyone has any ideas i would be eternally grateful good night

Product Specifications. This agreement os subject to blar blar ..............blar blar .....over 255 characters of text blar blar..

2. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions. Unless otherwise stated this agreement forms a binding blar blar ..........
    a. the product is no smashed or thrown down the toilet
    b. kept away from small children

3. Delivery.
    a. hopefully arrives before xmas
    b. subjeect to you paying up front