Unanswered: Creating Calculations in new columns within the same table

I am using Microsoft Access 2007 and a hair above novice level.

I am trying to calculate earnings per share quarter over quarter growth as well as revenue quarter over quarter growth. The table columns break down like this:

• ID
    • CUSIP

The CUSIP column identifies the security (there are multiple rows for each CUSIP)
    The DATA_FISCAL_QUARTER sample Data: 2000Q3, 1999Q3

I want to calculate for each row the EPS and Total Revenue Quarter over Quarter Growth and add two columns to the table for each value.

Many thanks for the assistance.

Provided Answers: 14
    What are the formulas used to perform the calculations?
    Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndho View Post
    What are the formulas used to perform the calculations?
    The calculation for both is ('Current Qtr' - '4 quarters ago') / '4 quarters ago'

I picked up a VB book to read up on how to code for these types of things. I appreciate the help.

Red face

Hi There, IM currently doing an HNc and my friend has asked me to make them a database for work, i didnt find the idea challenging as I found normalisation fairly easy..........but we have not yet done formulas in a database. I can make the data base but.......being pernickity I wanted the database to auto calculate the new stock level. (spreadsheets i have no qualms with) I know this can be done, i just dont know how
    all from the one tabel;
    CurrentStock, Added, Used, NewStock (plus a foriegn key that is not required for the equation)
    when in design view i can see default value and it allows formulas within but each time i try a formula it fails. i tried using the newStock in design view and i added
    =[CurrentStock]+[Added] And [CurrentStock]-[Used]
    =[CurrentStock]+[Added] Or [CurrentStock]-[Used]
    i even tried just to put in
    all failed..........please help and tell me where i need to place the equations....
    (i even tried creating a query based on the above fields then in design view place the above formulas. thanks in advance

hi i noticed that the above is worng on a few levels........what i would need is to reduce it to 3 fields so that the 'currentstock' would update so that when 'added' changes from 2 this time to 1 next time the totals in the 'currentstock' would still add 3. and not change totals in collumn 4 (newstock) to added 1.
    ive tried doing this in report and query setting as per instructions but i cannot figure this out. thanks in advance.
    so now i need a foirmula to work in one collumn to add that collumn and subtract it to the other two........err hope i've explained this right.
    thanks in advance TA x