Unanswered: Access 2003 - Creating an hourly report

Hi,
    I have an access 2003 data base which has created a query which has appointment times. I wish to print them out on a single page as a 15 mins block as per my attached file.
    I has thought of a report but I am not very good at reports (access knowledge is a bit limited) and then thought excel would be better.

Any recommendations ?

Graeme
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Data.JPG   hourly_view.JPG  

Provided Answers: 14
    Export the data to Excel or, even better, create a macro in Excel that will link to the Access table(s) and pick up the needed information.
    Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndho View Post
    Export the data to Excel or, even better, create a macro in Excel that will link to the Access table(s) and pick up the needed information.
    Hiya mate,

I know how to export to excel from access with a macro, that is not the issue. The issue is have is, once I am in Excel, I have the data as per my original post, and I would like to have it automatically generate the calender view which is also in the original post, - the one there I manually created.

I have looked at =VLOOKUP(Q26,$F$2:$J$20&,MATCH $L$27, I$2:$I$20,0)+4,0) but that only returns entrys for the correct time (i.e for 25/11/2020 09:00).

What I want to do is return data for when it is 25/11/2020 AND the employee is KAREN.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Only thing I can think of is to make the date/time a number format, so that 25/11/2010 09:00 becomes 40505.375, and make the 3 employees a larger number such as David=10,000 Karen=20,000 Mary=30,000 and do the VLOOKUP for the value of (Date/Time + Employee), so that for David on 25/11/2010 I will VLOOKUP(50505.375,F2:J20........ where the 50505.375 is the original date of 40505.375 + 10,000 for David.

I think this will work, but if someone has a way of doing a VLOOKUP for 2 different values in 2 collums, to then return a value in a third collumn, then live will be easier.

Confused ? Dot Com ??

Graeme

Maybe you an example that can be attached to an idea
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Eremija,

Unfortunatly the zip file seems to be corrupt, I cannot open anything from it.

Any chance you could re-post ?

Graeme

I hope you will now be able to extract
    Attached Files Attached Files

No, afraid still "invalid or corrupt".

You can download from this link Reports: Displaying timelines on a report

Hiya,

I tried that, but it is an older version and also it is read only, so my Access 2003 will not open it - AAARRRGGGHHH

Thanks for your patience

The example given is the link in the earlier version of Access-a. You can convert to a newer version and will work

Thanks Mate, got it converted, it looks really useful.

Thanks again for all your help

I'll let you know how I get on.

Provided Answers: 59
    nah
    use access
    select data that meets the specified criteria
    run the report
    after you've got it sorted out I'd suggest you consider setting this up as a scheduled task using the windows scheduler
    the advanatge of the access rteprot is that you cna dip in at any time ad rerun the report for the specified timebase.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton