Question Unanswered: Access 2007 Report design problem

I hope there is someone that can help me with this problem, I am considered still a beginner with Access. thank you in advance for any help supplied.

Problem: I have created a database with many fields used for pricing controls. From this data I have created a query , in the query I am looking for specific items that meet 2 criteria I have created. it has to match a certain sales promotion and it must match the company code/name. This all works good until I get to the report portion of the database. I have created a Header which contains the the company info. in the detail section are the items I needed listed in the report based on the results from the query.

Page Header (Several companies but have them grouped to print one company to a page)
    Company name, Company code

DETAIL
    UPC, nomenclature, qty in store, old price, new price, price difference

The problem is that if there is only record then that is all that it prints, I have created a report with 11 rows for data if available, but at times there are only a few records so the report shows a large empty space. I am looking for a way to create empty blocks/rows to include any matching records so the form will stay complete. If the company has more than the 11 items then it should continue on a new page with complete header and company no header as well. Or if there is a better way of creating the report.

I have included a small file with the database, query and the report. in hopes that it makes more sense. the report is called BuyerPrint VCMoldwrking it gets the data from the query Buyer print vcm. Once open you will see the gap in the report. scroll through the records and you will see it fill up but never complete. to get an idea of what the report looks like in it's entirety look at report VCM Form.

I was thinking of printing only thr data to pre-printed forms but in the past that has not worked to well because printers have different print margins.

thanks again and I hope I did not make it sound too confusing.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by StillLearning; 11-26-10 at 19:42. Reason: This should be posted in the Access Forum

Question Access 2007 Report design problem

I hope there is someone that can help me with this problem, I am considered still a beginner with Access. thank you in advance for any help supplied.

Problem: I have created a database with many fields used for pricing controls. From this data I have created a query , in the query I am looking for specific items that meet 2 criteria I have created. it has to match a certain sales promotion and it must match the company code/name. This all works good until I get to the report portion of the database. I have created a Header which contains the the company info. in the detail section are the items I needed listed in the report based on the results from the query.

Page Header (Several companies but have them grouped to print one company to a page)
    Company name, Company code

DETAIL
    UPC, nomenclature, qty in store, old price, new price, price difference

The problem is that if there is only record then that is all that it prints, I have created a report with 11 rows for data if available, but at times there are only a few records so the report shows a large empty space. I am looking for a way to create empty blocks/rows to include any matching records so the form will stay complete. If the company has more than the 11 items then it should continue on a new page with complete header and company no header as well. Or if there is a better way of creating the report.

I have included a small file with the database, query and the report. in hopes that it makes more sense. the report is called BuyerPrint VCMoldwrking it gets the data from the query Buyer print vcm. Once open you will see the gap in the report. scroll through the records and you will see it fill up but never complete. to get an idea of what the report looks like in it's entirety look at report VCM Form.

I was thinking of printing only thr data to pre-printed forms but in the past that has not worked to well because printers have different print margins.

thanks again and I hope I did not make it sound too confusing.

thanks

Robert
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 14
    You should try to use a subreport for the data in the Detail section.
    Have a nice day!

thank you, I didn't think of it it because I had never used subreports. I created a sub report with the fields I needed. upc brand ui boh for warehouse and store then the 2 price fields. I modified the original report by putting lines in the detail section. this worked for the 1st record only, if there were more records it would create a page for each qry that matched the company no.

For example I had 2 records for Dunham & Smith (Colgate), 2 items printed on the page but a duplicate page was created, later I had 11 items and again 11 pages were created. Another problem was the lines were ok on the first line, then missing lines on the second, this kept alternating on each line.
    A minor thing but still is there, at the bottom of the detail section there is a blank space now about the size of a missing line that I can not get rid of.

any ideas?

thanks

Robert