Exclamation Unanswered: My report doesn't show data!

Hi there,

Right now I'm in big trouble, I have create a simple application that use Report (rdlc). It works in my computer good but it doesn't work at the client(s) computer properly.

At the clients it doesn't show the data from SQL SERVER DATABASE!

download(Visual Studio project):
    http://=http://rapidshare.com/files/...ataReport.zip]

Provided Answers: 11
    Is the data in the client's database at all? See if you can have them run the query that the report is based on on their database, and let you know if it returns any results.

Hi!

Thnx for replay, yes my server, database and my data are good but there is no data in my report application.

pls check it if you can?

Provided Answers: 54
    We would need access to your cleint's database to check it for you. I doubt that they'd approve of that.

What MCrowley suggested was that you try to run the SQL Query that your report uses on the customer's database. The purpose of running the query is to see if it returns any data in their database.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan View Post
    We would need access to your cleint's database to check it for you. I doubt that they'd approve of that.

What MCrowley suggested was that you try to run the SQL Query that your report uses on the customer's database. The purpose of running the query is to see if it returns any data in their database.

-PatP
    Hi!

Here it is the Application + Database
    http://rapidshare.com/files/43433616...DataReport.zip

Yes the query is running when I write direct in Sql Server, but not with my application (it doesn't show the data)
    I can't resolve the problem yet, I'm in trouble

Provided Answers: 1
    Post the SQL code for the query.

I ran into a problem similar to this a few years back. Data would be returned through the query tool, but no data would be returned in the reporting application (Crystal Reports).

My query was filtering on a concatenated string value, and the database setting for SET CONCAT_NULL_YIELDS_NULL { ON | OFF } was different from the default value that the reporting tool was setting for the connection it was using.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com