Thread: Update Macro

Unanswered: Update Macro

I am needing to create a macro and link my tables. I have two databases that I need to link the tables. I will need to create a macro that will only update certain types of tables and certain types of contacts. The two databases are called Kace and Corp. I need the Macro to be created in Corp and pull it's updated data from Kace. Thanks for any help that you can provide. I am new to database and programming, so I don't know really where to begin.

You want a macro that just pulls data from Kace to Corp? Or are you wanting a macro that refreshes table links? I'm not sure I understand which you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by bdabaum View Post
    You want a macro that just pulls data from Kace to Corp? Or are you wanting a macro that refreshes table links? I'm not sure I understand which you are looking for.
    I am wanting to have a macro that pulls the data over.

Do you already have the tables linked? If so then determine how you qualify the missing data, the Query Wizard can help you identify what is missing from Corp that exists in Kace.

Then you want to do an Append Query. Drag the MissingData query that you produced in step 1 into the query designer. Then select the fields you want to add and the corresponding destination field from Corp. When you have the query designer open in design mode, you will have to click the "Append" type button which will prompt you to for the destination table. Then it's just matching each field from both tables.

Good luck. Let me know if you need any other assistance.

If your tables are linked from Database A to Database B, that is likely all you need. Anything more will result in duplicate data. If it is linked, you can use a table with all of its data from Database A in Database B the same way you would in Database A.