Unanswered: DB2 admin on Windows without the db2admin password

MS Windows Server 2003 standard ed. sp2

Instance "DB2" uses "32" bits and DB2 code release "SQL09070" with level identifier "08010107". Informational tokens are "DB2 v9.7.0.441", "s090521", "NT3297", and Fix Pack "0".

I need to do some database administration on this server.

I don't know the db2admin password but I am in a position that I can change it (Change db2admin password) although I am hesitant to do so right away as we had another server where I changed the password and it broke something I couldn't find (not Windows services - I got that bit, it was something application related).

I have my own local account on this server and it was added to the Administrators group and I added it to the DB2ADMNS group. This has got me so far, but I can't change any configs or do any grants.

A grant command returns:
    [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0552N "XXXXX" does not have
    the privilege to perform operation "GRANT". SQLSTATE=42502

Looking at the databases, my local account does not have any authorities set for any of them and unless I can connect as db2admin or admin, I don't see how I am going to get any.

So, is there something I am missing here or do I have to change that db2admin password?

Thanks for your time.

That drove me crazy aswell.
    I think the changed something in 9.7. Being member of sysadmins is not enough. Only the Creator gets dbadm on the Database (Default privileges granted on creating a database - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows)