Unanswered: locking all fields on a form automatically

Hi,

I have a form that is used to enter data, and keep this data for veiwing up untill the point of payment of order, and then it is shifted into an archive table for future ref. When it has been invoiced, is their a way that i can stop any alteration on the data just for that particular record.

Provided Answers: 59
    providing you can identify its been invoiced or needs locking then set the controls for that form, or record to non editable.
    IIRC me/form.allowedits=false
    however that won't work on continuous forms

BTW unless you 'have' to because of data storage or say data protection I wouldn't bother with archiving to another table. that sort of malarkey went out with the advent of high capacity disk drives. theres no longer need to conserve space on small disk drives, tape or paper storage.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks for that will take a look.

I need to keep all the records, as this system also enables the user to do all the business books etc, therefore they need to keep the records for 7 years.

cheers

Provided Answers: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by leocleverdon View Post
    I need to keep all the records, as this system also enables the user to do all the business books etc, therefore they need to keep the records for 7 years.
    yes you need to keep business records for a period of time, I have my doubts as to whether you need to keep 'em for 7 years, as thats the usual demand by the theiving scumbags AKA "HM Revenue and Customs" and I have doubts they will accept a computer record as defintive proof unless the system design has been approved by them or a reputabel authority (note that tends to be mutually exclusive in my books)

but there should eb no need to archive them off into a separate table. using a flag to indicate they are old records means that such records can be included or excluded as required
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton