Unanswered: Conditional Formatting for List Box

Hello,

I have a large list box with multiple columns and rowsources (all pulled from 1 table), I was wondering if it was possible to conditionally format values in this list. I know you are able to do it for text-boxes, but I need to conditionally format specific columns.

For example a list would be like this. 4 columns

Name Yes No Yes
    Name2 No No Yes

I want to conditionally format columns 2-4 where value="Yes" is highlighted green, and "No" is highlighted red.

As of now I have not seen any lists that have been conditionally formatted by column value

am not sure that conditional formatting of the background of a listbox is even possible at all. definitely isn't an embedded feature.

you could consider a subform
    www CahabaData com

randaro Sin

I don't have much experience with subforms, but i built queries that depend on the selected rowsource (user clicks list selction, then command button that opens a new form and displays something specific about selection)

Is that still possible with a subform?

Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyC View Post
    ...I have not seen any lists that have been conditionally formatted by column value
    That's because it can't be done! I'm afraid NTC's suggestion of using a Subform and Conditional Formatting is about as close as you can come.

With the Subform set to display in Datasheet View, which can be formatted to resemble a Listbox, you could use the Double-Click event of one or more Textboxes and open your second Form.

With the Subform set to display in Continuous View, which can, with a little more effort, also be formatted to resemble a Listbox, you could actually have a Command Button on each record and open your second Form with it.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Provided Answers: 59
    short of writing your own control I don't think its possible
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

How do you write your own control? Is this done in VBA/MySequel?

Can Access read custom controls? Any help with this would be great.

And thanks all for the advise with subforms etc.

Provided Answers: 59
    I get confused switching between VB, VBA & VB.NET
    It a while since I dabbled in the dark arts of creating controls, but I've a suspicion that the last time I tried was in VB & VB.NET
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton