Unanswered: A question about data in view

Hi, I'm newbie and i ponder on data in view.
    I have a view created from group table. If I update data in base table, then data in view is updated automatically. Is that right?

Yes, you are right.

If data is added, deleted or inserted in/from a table then it also gets reflected in a view.

Notice - Make sure, you are updating / changing the structure of teh table. Example - If you rename a column from any of the table then column will be renamed in the table but in your view it won't get updated. Old column name will be there. Hence, an error occurs. Make sure you do not update it.

what you can do is while creating a view, use "schema binding" on your view.
    Then, even if you try to rename a column from a table, you will get an error like column can't be renamed.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sunny_007 View Post
    If data is added, deleted or inserted in/from a table then it also gets reflected in a view.

Notice - Make sure, you are updating / changing the structure of teh table. Example - If you rename a column from any of the table then column will be renamed in the table but in your view it won't get updated. Old column name will be there. Hence, an error occurs. Make sure you do not update it.

what you can do is while creating a view, use "schema binding" on your view.
    Then, even if you try to rename a column from a table, you will get an error like column can't be renamed.
    This help me a lot! Thank you very very much!