Unanswered: ACCESS 2007 Date format

I have a 4,500 record database that each of those records has a 1-to-many relationship to 2 different tables, each of those tables has a date field.
    The tables are in forms for data entry which are queried to send out to reports. The forms are set to =(Date)

This is making me crazy!

I have checked and re-checked the date format on the date fields at every level of the database - the table, the form, the query and the report. Still somehow, I have about 1,000 records that are long format (showing date and time)
    It is making the report long and inconsistent.

My assumption is that its happened when the forms have been modified, as this has undergone changes.
    Does anyone know why I get those long dates every now and then? ?
    Why doesn't changing the format shorten it?

This link may help you better understand how DateTime fields are actually stored in a table: ACC: Storing, Calculating, and Comparing Date/Time Data What you are describing is how it is being displayed which is a different subject.
    RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP, ac07, ac10 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro
    Please reply to this forum so all may learn.

Thanks - I checked through all the entries that are printing wrong and the date is stored correctly. Can you also tell me where to find the details on displaying for Access 2007? Looks like that is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    This link may help you better understand how DateTime fields are actually stored in a table: ACC: Storing, Calculating, and Comparing Date/Time Data What you are describing is how it is being displayed which is a different subject.

It takes the Windows defaults. What version of Windows are you using?
    RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP, ac07, ac10 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro

Win XP Pro

Start>ControlPanel>DateTime, Language...>Regional and Language...