Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face Unanswered: Urgent Help with relationship plss helpp!

plss helppp asap
    Last edited by jag420; 12-22-10 at 10:41.

come on, man, you cannot just post your homework assignment and expect anyone to do it for you

what have you produced so far, and what are your questions?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

no no no..im not posting my work here lol...ovlsy i have done some thing but im new here so i dont no how to use this properly and going back to my work if i can have ur email i can send u what i have done so far so u can have look

this is what i have done
    Last edited by jag420; 12-22-10 at 10:39.

an appointment can have multiple invoices?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

i guess not

Quote Originally Posted by jag420 View Post
    i guess not

sorry i meant that as in patient can i have many invoice not to appointment so so patient can have many invoice.

I have atashed a model of a database that fully supports your requirements.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TravelClinicDataModel.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thankxx for replay ...

that's bit different the i have done its like this..

what do u guys think of this does this meets the requirements???
    Last edited by jag420; 12-22-10 at 10:39.

Provided Answers: 59
    I dunno
    why don't you go through the requirements and make your own assessment.. its your coursework

however I think you do have some issues
    ferinstance
    you can only ever have one person in a specific job, so thats one doctor, one nurse, one receptionist, one cleaner, one accoutaant, one whatever.. doesn't feel right to me, I'd expect a table for roles, and an interesection table which associates a person/'staff member with a role.

similarly vaccines looks wrong for the same reason

theres also an odd quirk in as much as you are asking questions on the Access forum but obviously do not understand how access stores date and times. in the world of Access/JET dates and times are stored as one datatype so you don not need a separate date and time for an appointment

however I think you should reserve you use of this forum for when you hit problems when you nee3d assistance rather than seeking validation. try your colleagues / fellow students if you need to validate a model
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

The connection between Job and Staff should be reversed.
    But I have a further question: Can it happen that both Staff and Patient

If you can definitely not a good model
    I suggested a model that supports this possibility

Quote Originally Posted by eremija View Post
    The connection between Job and Staff should be reversed.
    But I have a further question: Can it happen that both Staff and Patient

If you can definitely not a good model
    I suggested a model that supports this possibility

thanks for replay so ur saying job can have many staff ?

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    I dunno
    why don't you go through the requirements and make your own assessment.. its your coursework

however I think you do have some issues
    ferinstance
    you can only ever have one person in a specific job, so thats one doctor, one nurse, one receptionist, one cleaner, one accoutaant, one whatever.. doesn't feel right to me, I'd expect a table for roles, and an interesection table which associates a person/'staff member with a role.

similarly vaccines looks wrong for the same reason

theres also an odd quirk in as much as you are asking questions on the Access forum but obviously do not understand how access stores date and times. in the world of Access/JET dates and times are stored as one datatype so you don not need a separate date and time for an appointment

however I think you should reserve you use of this forum for when you hit problems when you nee3d assistance rather than seeking validation. try your colleagues / fellow students if you need to validate a model
    i see what you trying to say but instead of roles i have jobs technically job i.e. role can have many staff is that what your trying to say aswell ?

btw thanx for replay

Provided Answers: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by jag420 View Post

thanks for replay so ur saying job can have many staff ?
    its your data model
    its your call
    but if you are trying to represent a real world clinic then its highly unlikely that you will only have one role.

its likely you will have several doctors, some may have the same specialty, you are liekly to have several admin staff, likewise nursing staff, several partners or propriators.

its your call
    if you want to limit itto one person per job then fine, after all its your model
    this is why you need to validate your model against the requirement.

the comment eremja made is different, can a person be a member of staff AND a patient, if so then normalisation would suggest you have an entity for patients, and a subtable holding data pertinent to members of staff
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    its your data model
    its your call
    but if you are trying to represent a real world clinic then its highly unlikely that you will only have one role.

its likely you will have several doctors, some may have the same specialty, you are liekly to have several admin staff, likewise nursing staff, several partners or propriators.

its your call
    if you want to limit itto one person per job then fine, after all its your model
    this is why you need to validate your model against the requirement.

the comment eremja made is different, can a person be a member of staff AND a patient, if so then normalisation would suggest you have an entity for patients, and a subtable holding data pertinent to members of staff

well thats what i have done well similar to what ur saying i have validated to staff can only have one 1 job but the jobs can have many staff e.g. doctors etc