Question Unanswered: Progress Database? Need to copy DB scheme to MySQL DB

I have a Progress 10 Personal Edition DB, and I need to copy the DB schema to MySQL DB. The Progress DB does not support dumping because its the personal edition.

Basically I need to re-create all the table's on the Progress DB to a new MySQL DB.

I was thinking that I can just write program in C# .NET that would connect to the Progress DB and go through every table and make a create script for MySQL.

Is this the right way to go? How do I connect to a Progress DB from C# code? Do I need some special adapters installed?

Whats the best way to do this?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Provided Answers: 54
    Use the Progress SQLSCHEMA utility to capture the existing schema of the Progress database into a text file. Edit the text file appropriately to make any changes needed for the version of MySQL and the MySQL database engine you are using. Be careful to consider the implications of which MySQL engine you choose, there are both costs and benefits associated with each of the engines. While MyISAM might be very attractive from the conversion standpoint, it can be a major drawback later if you need features that it doesn't have like transactions or DRI enforcement that Progress provides.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.