Thread: ERD Guidline

Unanswered: ERD Guidline

I have the following case scenario and since im still a student i need some guidlines from all of you.I have already designed scetch but i really dont think it was the right one. I'd really appriciate the help. This is the scenario:

Scenario A:
    Express Transport is a transport company that wishes to upgrade its database. You have been
    engaged to implement the new database by first designing an ERD for the scheduling system of
    the bus routes.
    The company has different types of employees amongst which there are drivers and inspectors.
    The information gathered about an employee will be his/her full name, employee number, id
    number, telephone number, mobile number if available, and address. An inspector could be the
    manager of a number of bus drivers or else the manager of other inspectors.
    The company will also possess a number of buses. The information about a bus will be the
    registration number, number plate, seating capacity, standing capacity, size in length, width and
    height, manufacturer name and model name.
    The transport authority will establish a number of routes which the company needs to service. A
    bus route must be provided for each town in Malta and Gozo, Some towns might have multiple
    routes. Each route will be made up of a number of stages. A stage is identified by it’s number
    and the street and town must also be noted. Some stages would be serviced by a number of
    routes. A stage can either be a normal bus stop or else a terminal. In a terminal there will be a
    number of garages which are used for parking the buses. A garage is identified by it’s number
    and the street and town are also noted. A garage would be in the same town as the terminal but
    can be in a different street. Each bus must be parked at night and no bus can be left outside of a
    garage. A bus stop might have a number of seating spaces for waiting persons.

A daily schedule needs to be set up where each bus will be allocated a route number for
    different times for a particular day of the week. The schedule change periodically (every three
    months) and therefore are valid for a particular date range (from date – to date). This is the same
    as the schedule provided by the Gozo Channel where different departure time and arrival time is
    provided for a particular period during the year. In an effort to reduce the sense of ownership
    that a driver might feel over the bus, each driver would be given a different bus every day of the
    week. Therefore a schedule would be identified by the route number, day of the week, time,
    from date, to date. A schedule would also have a bus number and driver id.

Quote Originally Posted by eleatt View Post
    I have already designed scetch but i really dont think it was the right one. I'd really appriciate the help.
    if you want help with this homework assignment, post what you have done
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Exclamation need help as well

can you send me the answer pls. asap

I have the same scenario as my mate.

Quote Originally Posted by kamoflash View Post
    I have the same scenario as my mate.
    if you want help with this homework assignment, post what you have done
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Exclamation this is my problem!!! asap

The company has different types of employees amongst which there are drivers and inspectors.
    The information gathered about an employee will be his/her full name, employee number, id
    number, telephone number, mobile number if available, and address. An inspector could be the
    manager of a number of bus drivers or else the manager of other inspector.

I have made this :
    entity employee with two subtypes : Driver and Inspector

Now what should I do about the thing that the inspector could manage number of drivers or inspectors...???