Unanswered: Import data from Microsoft Excel to Microsoft SQL Server 2005

Hi, anyone know how to import data from Microsoft Excel to Microsoft SQL Server 2005? I need to import about thousand of data from Microsoft Excel to Microsoft SQL Server 2005. Currently the way I use to do this is write a Java program which read data from Microsoft Excel and insert into Microsoft SQL Server 2005, but seems I need to insert thousand of data from Microsoft Excel to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, so how can I know is it got some of the data no insert into database. So, anyone know what is the suitable and correct way to import data from Microsoft Excel to Microsoft SQL Server 2005 ? Anyone know how to trace and confirm whether all data insert completely into database? Thanks.
    Last edited by cthesky; 12-25-10 at 05:57.

Provided Answers: 7
    1 idea is
    Us msaccess as a link
    In msaccess you can link excel file msaccess will show the data as a table then with msacess you can also link SQL table then by runing some update queries you can update from excel to SQL

I did this trick for a web site the owner has myob he export a csv file upload it to the server server check the right then it exe a query that update a SQL table

use tool for quick migration

You can use tool like navicat or sql inbuilty SSIS for quick migration or you can use MS access as suggested by above friend.

When you open ms Access 2007 version you will see an option for creating new database on the right side. Create and link it with the table in database.

Check out for ODBC.