Unanswered: Data Binding - Big Problem

Hello,

I thought it would be possible for me to develop a simple application, though it seems that it isn't so simple after all, and I am frustrated. Here is why:

I wanted to be able to store text and images in an Access database. The text in the database cell would be multi-line.
    I then wanted to bind the data from the column in the database to a rich text box in my Visual C# user interface, so that it appears like this:

--------------------------------
    | This is some text. This text will|
    | create a paragraph. |
    | |
    | [Image] |
    | |
    | This is another piece of text. |
    | This will make another paragraph
    | |
    --------------------------------

I also wanted to be able to edit the contents of the rich textbox and be able to write the changes back to the database.

It seems from what I have been told that this is not possible, especially the writing back the edits made to the database.
    Is what I have been told correct?

Provided Answers: 7
    First I would not store the image in the database as the database will blot out of control just store the path

Hello - thanks for replying. OK, I shall omit the images, but would do anything to get the basic functionality to work!
    I know I have to use ADO.net to manipulate the dataset, but can the manipulation be done in the manner as described in my above post?

Provided Answers: 19
    I'm sure it can be done, but you've really got the cart before the horse here! If you want to know if possible/how to display Access data, using an interface written in C#, you need to be asking the question in a forum/news group dedicated to C# programming.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Text would be bettter in a web environment, whilst I have used a database and text I was underwhelmed as there is better text support using stylesheets.

Images are always better handled outside a database simply because the blobs get in the way of the data.

Simon