Provided Answers: 11

Unanswered: convert tablespace

I have a request about converting a tablespace from automatic to non-automatic storage. I could read : With “ALTER TABLESPACE” command : If you do not specify the REBALANCE option now and issue the “ALTER TABLESPACE” statement later with the REDUCE option, your automatic storage containers will be removed ..
    The question would be : which alter tablespace command option should be specified first without the rebalance.
    I have tried different scenarios, but could not get the correct result. it stays automatic.
    thanks for all help/info
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified

Toronto, Canada
    I don't think you can convert a tablespace from automatic to non-automatic storage using ALTER TABLESPACE (or redirected RESTORE).