Hey everyone, hope this is a good place to post this. I'm looking for some very very basic database that will do the following and looking for some help. I'm really just looking for something to easily enter text notes. What I want is something that basically looks like Windows explorer.

So on the left it has a few headings, like Information Technology, Human Resources, etc. If you click the little triangle to drop down Human Resources for example, then it has further options such as Payroll, Employee Management etc. Clicking Employee Management will list all employees and so on.

When clicking on a final option such as an employee name, I really just want to be able to enter text on the right as a note. It doesn't need preformatted or searchable fields at all. Having those fields I guess would be useful but even if its just a big text box that's fine.

Again it's very basic and might not even be a database but thought I'd post here to see if anyone had any suggestions for a program or system that could do this. Thanks!