Unanswered: Yes/No field values not displaying in query

I have created a simply query to return the values of several fields. One of the fields is of the type "Yes/No." When I run the query, none of the values for this field appear! The query displays all values for this field as "No," even though I know that there are both "Yes" and "No" values. I verified this by opening the table itself - some boxes are checked while other are not.

What gives? This is not a complicated query: I have no criteria for any of the fields, I just want the query to display a couple fields from a table that has many fields.

Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by adevries View Post
    ...none of the values for this field appear...The query displays all values for this field as "No"
    Which is it? Do none of the values for the field appear or does the query display No as the values for the field?
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Well, the null value when you have a "Yes/No" field is "No." So, I guess I would say that both are true: the query displays "No" (equivalent to an unchecked box) for all values in that field. It ignores the values for the field which are "Yes" (equivalent to a checked box). The records that should have a "Yes" value are shown to have a "No" value.

I am working on an Access 2003 database (mdb extension) within Access 2010. Perhaps that could be the cause of the problem?

Don't run v2010, but am fairly conversant with the bugs/problems associated with it (being in forced retirement, I spend about 8-10 hours a day here and on 5 other Access forums) and have never run into anything like this before. If you could attach a copy of your app, in 2003 format, I'd be happy to take a look at it. Also post the query and field name that is having the problem.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

Wow! That is really generous of you to offer, but I think I just figured out the problem: user error (me!).

I had imported the values to the aforementioned field from another table. In the process of importing, I decided to create a new field that is named similarly to the original field. The original field had the value "No" for all records, whereas the imported field had a variety of "Yes" and "No" values. I queried the wrong field!

This is what happens when your Access table becomes so large - you don't recognize the obsolete fields that should be deleted!

Glad you got it figured out!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!