How can I identify USB2 Port

I have a HP Pavilion Entertainment PC dv9000 laptop. The specs manual describes the locations of the 4 USP ports.
    I would like to know why Windows 7 device manager lists 4 USB ports and 1 USB2 port (see attached image).
    If I do have a USB2 port, how would I know which one it is?
    Thanks.
    Jerry
    Attached Files Attached Files

All of the USB ports on a DV9000 have USB2 hardware. Depending on how old your machine is, what software updates have been applied, devices you have attached (both currently and while you applied software updates) you might only have the original USB software drivers.

Find a geek friend that has a USB version detector (looks a lot like a USB flash drive, but has one or more LEDs on it) if you are really concerned. Another possible answer is to take a device that requires USB2 to function and see which port(s) it works on... My guess would be that all of the ports will function properly as USB2, especially if you have a current Windows Service Pack.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

or just copy a large file (1GB) back and forth between a USB stick and your PC via each port. Time how long it takes on each transfer and the one that's 10 times quicker is the USB2. USB1 will take a few minutes to transfer 1GB.

Surely anything with Windows 7 would be using USB2?

or
    get a USB device that you know is Type compatable, then plug it into the various ports untill you no longer get the "this device can perform better on USB 2" oir whatever message
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks to all for those tips. I tested each USB port by copying a 1.1 gb file to and from a flash drive. The time was 1 minute copied from and 1.5 minutes copied to.
    The issue came up because I bought a SIIG USB 2.0 Video Capture Device. System requirements include a USB 2.0 port. The software, honestech VHS to DVD 3.0 SE, did not list the device as an option. After the 4th removal and installation, the software is now working and displays "TridVid Capture" in the list of capture devices.
    Resolved.
    Jerry