this exercise will get you to know your string functions.
in a query, with side by side calculated fields you do a series of string manipulations:
1. Instr to find the / position
2. Count all characters
3. Right() to trim out the / and all characters to the left i.e. Allcount-/position
4. New count for remaining characters
5. (5-NewCount) to determine the number of 0s needed
6. Concatenate new 0s to left of remaining characters
The Mid() function will default to the length of the string if the length argument is omitted. It will work either way, I'm just throwing out an option. With a lot of data, it might be faster to omit it, since it won't have to process the Len() function.