Thread: erd help

erd help

i have this scenario for a school project:

You have been sub-contracted to design the database system for Marlowe Interiors. Marlowe Interiors is
    a medium sized interior design company that does building work and decorating. An initial analysis of
    Marlowe Interiors has identified the following requirements:
     Marlowe Interiors keeps a record of the jobs it performs. Jobs are for particular customers and
    classified by job type (Single Room, Part-house, Whole-house). The full cost of a job depends on
    the labour used and the parts used. Records of parts and labour should be kept separately.
     Labour costs depend on the type of work done. A job may have different sorts of work and employ
    one or more types of worker (plumber, labourer, qualified builder, interior designer, electrician). A
    worker will work on more than one job. The hourly rate of pay for each of these types of worker
    will vary as shown below:

Type Rate per Hour
    Plumber 50
    Labourer 20
    Qualified Builder 55
    Interior Designer 39
    Electrician 50

 A job may involve one or more parts. Examples of parts are: sink, bath, pipe, thermostat, wallpaper,
    decking, door, light-fitting. The costs of these parts will vary and suitable test values should be
    supplied as part of the initial implementation.
     Parts are supplied by various suppliers. The cost of a part could vary depending on the supplier.
     A customer record should be kept for the job with all the usual details such as name, address and

i want to make an erd.

i identified these entities :
    job type
    worker type

the problem is that i am not sure if these are correct and also how can i beging structuring my erd.

any help appriciated

Toronto, Canada
    when is this assignment due?

because we have handled many, many ERD homework questions here, and the time to complete one by asking questions and getting answers on this forum is approximately seven weeks | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

In front of the computer
    As long as hime keeps up, I'll bid five weeks!

In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.