Unanswered: Security - Unsafe Expressions

I'm just back up after a fried HD. I'm using XP (latest updates) and reloaded MS Access 2003. (version shows as 11.5614.5606)

For many years now I've put up with a single security warning about Unsafe Expressions and always replied Open.

After the re-load I'm now getting three series of messages to go thru:
    1) Unsafe expressions are not blocked. Do you want to block unsafe expressions. [Ans. NO]
    2) To block unsafe expressions Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 or later must be installed. ... Do you still want to open this File? [Ans. Yes]
    3) Security Warning Do you want to open this file? [Ans. Open]

I checked the MS Update website and it would appear from my version number that I already have SP 8. Am I reading this correctly?

Any ideas of how to correct the situation?
    Pete Townsend
    PGT

I've never had ac2003 but it seems to me you can drop the Macro Security to none and all of this goes away.
    RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP, ac07, ac10 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro
    Please reply to this forum so all may learn.

RG,
    One can always drop security to zero, but while one irritant goes away, others potentially creap in and multiply.
    My main concern is that I'm getting a message that implies I don't have the latest version when in fact I do. !
    PT
    PGT

When you drop the security to zero it is then just like ac2002, which I use all of the time. This link may be useful: Microsoft Access tips: Solving Problems with Library References
    RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP, ac07, ac10 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro
    Please reply to this forum so all may learn.

Does Access say SP3 after the version number. If not then you do not have all the service packs installed.

I always set the Macro Security Level to Low. I have is this way on 100's of machines without any issue.

Do you have SP3 installed for Windows XP?
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11

Yes, I have XP SP3. I looked around in Access for a Macro Security setting and didn't see one. I remember when we started having rogue macros with Word so I thought it might be an MS Office setting, but didn't find it there either. MS support website says that if you have XP you already have Jet 4 at a level beyond it's SP8, and not to download SP8.
    So yesterday I opened one of my Access db's expecting to go thru the whole routine and it suddenly blew by the first two warning messages and now I only get the commonly seen last message asking if you want to open the db. Nothing about new Jet 4 SPs. Don't know what happened differently, don't really care except my brain would still like to understand the whole thing.
    So thanks for all the replies and if someone can still tell me where to set that macro level I'll be satisfied.
    Pete T.
    PGT

In Access 2003 to change the Macro Security level try this on the main menu bar:

Tools > Macros > Security ...
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.

Duh! I've been looking in Tools | Options. Never noticed the Macro heading.
    Done.
    Thanks to all.
    PGT

You're welcome.

Glad I we could assist.