Unanswered: Who is using my db2 tables?

Is there a way to find out who is accessing various objects in my db2 database?

What I want to know is:
    - which tables are being accessed by which users
    - what the frequency of that access may be (or at least the last time they accessed the table)
    - and, if possible, which fields in the table they are using

When I try to search on statistics for db2 I haven't run into anything related to individual users. Maybe I am just not searching on the right keywords.

Thanks

DB2 Installation - V9.7 fp3a

Hello,

Finally we are going to migrate our DB2 v8.2 to v9.7 fp3a.
    The new version is going to be in a WIN 2008 64bit , in the virtual machine which is ESXi4.1 (Vsphere) Enterprise Plus.

The question is, are there any special setup or configuration for the DB2 Performance wise need to be considered ?

Also, when I install the db2, need to be a local admin account ? or service account?

Please advise.

Thanks, Valan.

Use db2audit checking or on AIX this tool will make it simple for you: http://www.db2topgun.com/dbapf10

Quote Originally Posted by dgunas View Post
    Hello,

Finally we are going to migrate our DB2 v8.2 to v9.7 fp3a.
    The new version is going to be in a WIN 2008 64bit , in the virtual machine which is ESXi4.1 (Vsphere) Enterprise Plus.

The question is, are there any special setup or configuration for the DB2 Performance wise need to be considered ?

Also, when I install the db2, need to be a local admin account ? or service account?

Please advise.

Thanks, Valan.
    Please ignore this question. This is my mistake. Sorryl.

Quote Originally Posted by bigelda View Post
    Is there a way to find out who is accessing various objects in my db2 database?

What I want to know is:
    - which tables are being accessed by which users
    - what the frequency of that access may be (or at least the last time they accessed the table)
    - and, if possible, which fields in the table they are using

When I try to search on statistics for db2 I haven't run into anything related to individual users. Maybe I am just not searching on the right keywords.

Thanks
    I will not recommend you to run Db2audit due to performance issues we can see while auditing. Instead a much simpler way is to take periodic snapshot for applications / dynamic sqls and from there you can get the sqls being run with details of users/clients. If you want the details for a particular period, you can turn on event monitor for statements and get the same details.

Jayanta Datta
    DB2 UDB DBA
    IBM India, Global Delivery
    New Delhi