Unanswered: "#Deleted" error in all cells when I setup a linked table in Access

I was just granted access by my company to a backup database to query & build some reporting. I access the tables using ODBC. When I Import a table, it seems to work alright and when I view it, the records show correctly (this method does not setup or prompt for primary key).

However, when I Link to a table, it seems like it is working correctly (It automatically establishes the primary key/s) but when I open the linked table or query it, it returns "#Deleted" for every value in the table.

Most of the time when I use Access I use linked tables so I need help to figure out what is causing this error. I'm wondering if this is somehow the result of some sort of automatic settings when it is being linked into Access. I can't remove the primary key indicators from the linked tables because it is tied to the backup database.

Has anybody encountered an issue like this before? Any advice?

Thanks, Joshua

Provided Answers: 14
    You could try to open the tables as Pass-Through queries.
    Have a nice day!

I was thinking I would resort to pass-through queries but found a little easier workaraound. If the table is showing "#Deleted" errors on the screen, you can create a query referrencing that table and in the query properties change the "Recordset Type" from "Dynaset" to "Snapshot". Then it will function just like a regular query, returning the results you specify. It also means you can't update the original table from within Access but the "#Deleted" error means you probably couldn't have updated the source table anyway.
    Josh

Provided Answers: 14
    Thanks for the info and glad you could solve your problem
    Have a nice day!