Provided Answers: 1

Question Unanswered: VB Code to carry out data checks

Hi

I have attached a copy of the database I have currently created and that I require help with; the purpose of the database is to deploy updates out to the end user customer mi database’s, which are stored locally on their laptops, when thay are connected to the network.

Basically this is what happens, the user selects their name, from the dropdown menu, then selects the update they require from the next drop down, they then select the deploy updates button.

The users name and update they have selected are then stored in a table, and an email is sent to me, to notify me , who has / hasn’t, carried out an update.

What I need help with, within in the “UpdateDeployment” module, I need to carry out a lookup or something into the "Tbl_UpdateLog" to see if the user has already deployed the update they have selected, issue a warning to them and stop the procedure, or carry on with the update, if they have not selected it before

Appologies if the coding I have already used is a bit rough, I'm just starting to get to grips with VB

Mark
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry I never download attachments. But in general, Access has an embedded 'Duplicates' query capability (plus of course one can design the same thing with sql) which seems like it would give you the results you want.

This answer seems almost too easy and so perhaps I am not understanding your requirement.
    www CahabaData com

Thanks

For getting back to me, at the moment if a user selects an update, that they have already installed, the database will just run the process again

The database currently logs what updates they have already installed, what I'm after is if the user selects the same update again, the database looks within the update log table to see if they have already carried out that update, if they have stop the process and tell them

Understood. (I think)

The user has a table of what is installed. You have a table of what is available to be installed.

Access has embedded the 'Find Unmatched Query' in the query design area. Should be useful.

Hope this helps.
    www CahabaData com

Thanks for the idea, I will look into it, it may be a case of cant see the wood for the trees

Thanks