Unanswered: db2 8.1 on AIX 6.1

Hi.
    We are planning to upgrade AIX from V5.3 to V6.1 where we have two copies of DB2; one running on V9.1 and other 8.1
    1. For DB2 V8.1: From the below link I understand that AIX 6.1 has no support for DB2 V8.1. Can someone send me the link where this is clearly stated; a document from IBM will help
    2. For V9.1: Is there any changes that I need to do from database end after the AIX upgrade?

sorry friends, I forgot to insert the link for the first point. please find it here
    https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21181544&aid=1

DB2 V8 has no support at all anymore. The very first sentence in the online manual states that: DB2 Universal Database
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Hi Stolze,
    I am aware of that but clients don't wish to upgrade from V8.1 as of now, what in that case? Will the upgrade of OS version affect the database on V8.1/V8.2?

Quote Originally Posted by db2cap View Post
    Hi Stolze,
    I am aware of that but clients don't wish to upgrade from V8.1 as of now, what in that case? Will the upgrade of OS version affect the database on V8.1/V8.2?
    Since IBM doesn't support DB2 V8 anymore, then it is ridiculous to ask whether they support DB2 V8 on AIX 6.1. As to whether it works on AIX 6.1 even though it is not supported, you will probably have to just try it, since you are not going to find any official documentation regarding that combination.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

You can find some v8 / AIX info here:
    https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docv...id=swg21224762