Bangalore, India

Unanswered: Resource Database

Resource Database mentions that

"The Resource database is a read-only database that contains all the system objects that are included with SQL Server. SQL Server system objects, such as sys.objects, are physically persisted in the Resource database, but they logically appear in the sys schema of every database"

could you please explain what is meant by "sys.objects is physically persisted in resource db"

Does it mean that if i create a "mytable" table in "mydatabase", the information is written into the data file of resource database?

San Antonio, TX
    I maybe totally wrong, but I don't think system objects of user databases like sys.objects are actually present in resource database. The reason for my opinion is simple, - the output from serverproperty('ResourceLastUpdateDateTime'). If every user database created had to "leave its footprint" in the resource database, - wouldn't the return value from this function be a little closer to the date that the user database was created? Currently it returns the date time of the installation/last service pack applied.
    Last edited by rdjabarov; 01-31-11 at 14:07. Reason: forgot to emphasize "user database"...
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."